One month before social-distancing measures were implemented in the United States, an online survey of healthcare executives, all CHIME members was conducted by CereCore. As these technology leaders evaluate how to advance their organizations into a new normal, the takeaways from this survey become even more thought-provoking in ensuring that IT demonstrates value, maximizes spend, and supports the changing strategies.
The CIO survey results include the following results:
- Optimizing the EHR/EMR ranked as the top health IT priority. Telemedicine and analytics weren’t far behind.
- Operating cost pressure was the biggest barrier to making progress with health IT initiatives.
- The majority of responding CIOs reported they have not performed an application rationalization or vendor contract consolidation across the enterprise.
- Over one-third of CIOS have not considered using a managed service provider to address gaps in bandwidth or application support.
- Over 61% of survey respondents have not received the value they expected in more than half of their engagements with managed services providers.
- Expertise with the application was the top factor in choosing a managed service provider followed closely by Healthcare expertise.